Book a Survey:
0800 002 9370
Mobile Repair Service:
07883 794 890
Products by Manufacturer:
Buy Online with peace of mind...
We have chosen a highly secure shopping cart supplier for your safety and peace of
mind. We accept:
Garage Door Spares | Garage Door Automation | Garage Door Fitting | Garage Door Repairs
| Awnings | Canopies | Shutters
Birtley garage door cones and cables
Birtley garage door cones and cables - suitable for all Birtley overhead spring canopy
£14.95 (Inc. VAT & Shipping)
Stock No: BIS1000
Other Birtley garage door spares:
Handles Spindles Springs
Home > Products > Spares > Spares By Manufacturer > Birtley > Cones and Cables
It is easier to fit cones and cables with the spring un-tensioned. To remove the
spring tension simply cut the cables on both sides.
1. Loosen grub screw(s) on spring collar with 4mm hex-key.
2. Spring should move to the right, if not tap it over with hammer.
3. Knock out the roll-pins on the cones using a pin punch and hammer.
4. Pull cones and cables from the central shaft.
5. Replace with new cones and cables.
6. Ensure cables on both sides are looped around the spindles and then turn the spring
shaft towards you to tighten the cables.
7. Re-tension spring.